Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Fair enough. I still think that you will need texlive-langcyrillic for
> the cyrillic part. I am not sure if Depends or Suggets/Recomends plus
> explanation would be better here.

Clearly, Depends is too strict.  Just look at the wording:

,----
| Depends
|     This declares an absolute dependency. A package will not be
|     configured unless all of the packages listed in its Depends field
|     have been correctly configured.
`----

There's no reason not to configure the package when langcyrillic isn't
installed;

,----
| Recommends
|     This declares a strong, but not absolute, dependency.
|
|     The Recommends field should list packages that would be found
|     together with this one in all but unusual installations.
`----

This could be used, but I think that outside Eastern Europe langcyrillic
need not be installed except for unusual installations, so it is rather
the other way round, and

,----
| Suggests
|     This is used to declare that one package may be more useful with
|     one or more others. Using this field tells the packaging system
|     and the user that the listed packages are related to this one and
|     can perhaps enhance its usefulness, but that installing this one
|     without them is perfectly reasonable.
`----

is probably the way to go.