Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 01:28 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Good, this does mean that I can on
> 	tetex-base (>= 3) | texlive-latexrecommended, tetex-extra (>= 3) | texlive-latexrecommended, tex-common
> to get all the tfm files necessary, and also the .mf files.

One further comment. The tetex dependencies are correct AFAIK, but I am
surprised about the texlive dependencies. I thought the MF versions for
EC are in texlive-basic, while the MF versions for LH are in
texlive-langcyrillic. But why not treat cm-super just like other font
packages, ie, not depend on tetex-* or texlive-*? Maybe

Depends: tex-common
Recommends: tetex-extra | texlive-basic, tetex-base | texlive-langcyrillic

together with an explanation in the package description would be enough.
Something like:

          Install tetex-extra or texlive-basic if you want to use the
          latin part of these fonts (T1 and TS1 encoding). Install
          tetex-base or texlive-langcyrillic if you want to use the
          cyrillic part of these fonts (T2* and X2 encoding).

BTW, I just build the pfb2t1c2pfb package for sarge and installed the
cm-super package from tug.org (thanks for providing them again).
Uncompressing the fonts was done in about a minute, while it had taken
more than 10 minutes with the perl version (700 MHz PIII). Not bad ...

cheerio
ralf