Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 20:48 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> BUT: With MixedMap I have a small problem: Are we sure that *ALL* fonts
> as provided by the type1 fonts are also available in MF form?

The cm-super fonts where created by autotracing MF output, so there have
to MF versions somewhere. AFAIK the latin part (T1 and TS1 encoding) is
in /usr/share/texmf/fonts/source/jknappen/[et]c/ (unfortunately in
tetex-extra), while the cyrillic part (T2[ABC] and X2 encoding) is in
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/source/lh/ (tetex-base). I don't know about TeX
Live, but teTeX does not contain any TFM files for these fonts. They
have to be generated from the MF files. If some MF file is missing,
people won't be able to use the font due to missing TFM file in the
first place. ;-)

cheerio
ralf