Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

Hi Ralf!

On Mon, 17 Okt 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> surprised about the texlive dependencies. I thought the MF versions for

Hmm, I checked and the ec package contains the mf and tfm files. And ec
is contained in texlive-latexrecommended.

> texlive-langcyrillic. But why not treat cm-super just like other font
> packages, ie, not depend on tetex-* or texlive-*? Maybe

Because the tfm files are shipped with the respective tex packages.
Without them these fonts are useless for TeX. Other font packages will
provide their own tfm files, and they don't need to depend on any tex
package at all.

> BTW, I just build the pfb2t1c2pfb package for sarge and installed the
> cm-super package from tug.org (thanks for providing them again).

Well, they are there for Mickael to get them and make an upload. If you
want I can continue providing the packages from there.

> Uncompressing the fonts was done in about a minute, while it had taken
> more than 10 minutes with the perl version (700 MHz PIII). Not bad ...

Will we see pfb2t1c2pfb in debian soon? I hope to get rid of the perl
t1c2pfb.pl completely in the cm-super package with the next version.

GASTARD (n.)
Useful specially new-coined word for an illegitimate child (in order
to distinguish it from someone who merely carves you up on the
motorway, etc.)
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff