Re: Effect of Replaces in coexisting packages

On Sep 13 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> Norbert Preining wrote:
> > deb http:///www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/ cm-super/
>
> Does this package work with the teTeX 2.0.2 packages?

Unfortunately, not. I just tried installing it here and It seems to call
/usr/bin/updmap-sys in its postinst, which, AFAIK, is only available in
tetex 3.0.

> It works very nicely with Frank's teTeX 3.0 sarge backport (thanks!).

That's nice to know, Ralf.

> But in a different message Rogério said he can't use teTeX 3.0 at the
> moment.

Yes, I was doing some "production work" and I had some issues with tetex
3 and passivetex and xmltex. :-(

I will try the sarge provided packages, if I can find some sparte time
and bandwidth.  I would also love to play with texlive, just to see the
differences between both systems.

> BTW, I also think that the facotr of two size reduction provided by
> pfb2t1c is worth keeping.

As I mentioned before, this has the advantage of reducing a lot of the
download time, especially for those with poor connections (unstable and
slow, which is not that uncommon).  I also like to make CDs for some
friends with "snapshots" of Debian and helping reduce the size is surely
a Good Thing.

Cheers, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/