Re: pfb2t1c and cm-super

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 03:55:36PM +0200, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> [...]
[...]
> OK, sounds good. In the moment I don't know anything about the
> performance of t1c2pfb and if it can be called during runtime.

The perl script is rather slow, but the C-version looks fast enough. I
think the C-version should be faster that the mf runs one gets when tfm
or pk files are created. I haven't made any tests, though.

> However we still need an mktexpfb to move the created pfb file to the
> correct location after creation.

Indeed. But that goes beyond Debian packaging. I am not sure if this is
more a web2c or a kpse issue. But most people invloved with these are
right now probably busy releasing TeX Live. So this has to wait a little
bit.

cheerio
ralf