Re: ZFS'ing my T5120 with Debian

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 07:54:15PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> I always use:
>
> $ debootstrap --no-check-gpg --arch=sparc64 --variant=buildd sid sid-sparc64-sbuild http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports
>
> You can use a different variant for your usecase, of course or just omit
> this parameter.

Okay.  I tried that command, with sudo and without a --variant or --arch, and
got the same failure as earlier:

% sudo debootstrap --no-check-gpg sid /z http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports
I: Target architecture can be executed
E: Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-sparc64/Packages

And James Clarke wrote:
> The second command should work. Do you have gunzip or unxz in your PATH? You
> need one of them for debootstrap to let you use that Packages.?? file, and
> there's no uncompressed version.

I have both gunzip and unxz in my path.

It's not running it as root with sudo that's the problem, I assume.  Other
than that, Adrian, I think I'm doing the same as you but it's not working.

       - Chris