Re: ZFS'ing my T5120 with Debian

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 10:56:49PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> Booting an installer may not work, though, since I need ZFS support in the
> system I'm running.  To get a d-i with ZFS built in, I presume I'd have to
> build my own.  Which I could, but don't know that I know how.  If I can use
> something like debian-installer, I'd like to, but need one that can mount
> up my ZFS filesystems.  Otherwise, I guess I need to find a guide of how to
> do it the lower-level way.  ([1] looks valuable)
>
> [1] https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Debian-Stretch-Root-on-ZFS

Well, I tried running debootstrap, but I don't know how to point it somewhere
for a ports installation.  I assume it should work, I just need the right
URL to give it?  I tried all of:

sudo debootstrap sid /z
sudo debootstrap sid /z http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/
sudo debootstrap sid /z http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-sparc64
sudo debootstrap sid /z http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists
sudo debootstrap sid /z http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/dists/sid

And it always fails the same way:

I: Target architecture can be executed
I: Checking Release signature
I: Valid Release signature (key id 126C0D24BD8A2942CC7DF8AC7638D0442B90D010)
E: Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-sparc64/Packages

Anyone have a debootstrap recipie for sprac64?  Thanks.

          - Chris