Re: ZFS'ing my T5120 with Debian

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 02:21:40PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> Okay.  I tried that command, with sudo and without a --variant or --arch, and
> got the same failure as earlier:
>
> % sudo debootstrap --no-check-gpg sid /z http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports
> I: Target architecture can be executed
> E: Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-sparc64/Packages

Oh!  Okay, if I run it with a target of "./sid-sparc64-sbuild" from my home
directory, it works.  Or at least, retrieves and begins to validate packages.
If I run it with a target of /z, the ZFS filesystems I want to install onto,
it gives the "Invalid Release file" error.

That help in figuring out what I need to do?  I presume debootstrap is able
to install into created/mounted filesystems, I suspect there's just something
"off" somewhere that's confusing it.

-Chris