Re: blade 1000 X config

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:39:18AM +1000, Jon Biddell wrote:
> Dave Love wrote:
> >>In any case - my issue now (since I picked the ffb graphics driver) is
> >>which keyboard to tell x I'm using? The option for 'sun' was in there, but
> >>said to use that if you have a 1.4 or 1.5 type keyboard.. this is a 1.6.
> >>

> >I'm not at all sure what you need to know, but the _old-style_
> >(non-USB) type 6 keyboards are OK with the type 5 map.  USB type 6 is
> >different.
> >

> At the risk of being wrong (I have been known to be occasionally !!),
> would it work with a standard PC USB keyboard ?  I mean, apart from the
> left row of keys which may not be supported anyway, is there anything on
> the Type 6 you really REALLY need ?  I'm facing the same problem, and
> might just use my wireless PC kbd/mouse instead.

FWIW: this is the keyboard part of my X config on a blade 100 with type 6 USB:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

All normal pc-style keys work as expected as well as meta or hyper (or what ever
that key next to space is called) and compose. Volume up/down and mute work too.
I believe even some of the keys to the left work, although I'm not entirely sure
and I can't verify now.

Admar