Re: Ultra 5 won't boot from HD after install

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 07:47:09PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> Are you sure that you have the disk setup as Master, and not cable
> select or something else weird.

Yup, entirely.

I found another IDE disk (6x the capacity!) and it works fine.  I don't
know what was wrong before.  I know the disk was jumpered properly.  It
was a weird ancient disk, so who knows.

Now, one more question, to which I should know the answer by now:  When
compiling the kernel in a default woody installation on this system, the
build fails because there is no sparc64-linux-gcc on the system.  I've
worked around that problem in the past by making that a symlink to
gcc-3.0.  What's the actual right thing to do?

noah