Re: Ultra 5 won't boot from HD after install

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 03:09:04PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> I'm only guessing but OBP doesn't seem to detect the device, atleast not
> at the OBP address that the "disk" alias points to.
>
> Try doing "boot disk1" or "boot disk2", "boot disk3"...

That didn't work.

show-devs reveals, among a bunch of other non-disk things, a disk at
/pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk, which is the device that disk seems to be
pointing to (how do I view device aliases?).

I don't suppose there's some IDE equivalent to probe-scsi-all that I
need to run, or something like that, is there?

noah