Re: LEO support and accelerated creator support

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 03:00:10PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 02:37:06PM -0400, Steve Dunham wrote:
> > We might just want to bite the bullet and do the register_frame_info
> > thing.  It has been done on intel, and it is necessary for
> > compatibility with Red Hat 6.0 (and perhaps Red Hat 5.2).  I suspect
> > that if Netscape ever compiles against glibc 2.1 for the sparc, it
> > will require this symbol from glibc.
>
> The symbol is there no matter what, and I have heard that egcs might
> backout the functionality in 1.1.3 anyway (not official, but hear say).
> Binaries will still work between the systems. This isn't the same as
> the i386 problems.

Well I now have a recompile of the glibc 2.1.1 libs using the egcs
1.1.2 where I modified 2 lines to remove the WEAK symbol of
__register_frame_info. The symbol is still defined, but now I can
compile apps on the new lib and they still run on a glibc 2.0.105
system so the shlibdeps are now >=2.0.105. The egcs 1.1.2 and glibc
2.1.1 are at:

http://master.debian.org/~bcollins/glibc/

Please test this out now (sun4m better have a 2.2.5+cvs or better
kernel). Also try compiling programs and testing them on RedHat sparc
systems.

Thanks,
  Ben

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux