Install on SS4

I recently obtained the Debian 2.1 releas I tried to install it on my
Sparc Station 4. Booting the CD-Rom failed with both kernels. It
displayed similar behavior as others have mentioned about the bus
reseting and not connecting. I also tried tftp from an Intel Linux box
with not luck. I do have an existing install of RH5.1 running. My
question is if I boot using the installed system, how could I start the
Debian install program to wipe away the existing Red Hat version.
I appreciate any advice.
John Derr