New XFree86 and (Re: autobuilder...glibc 2.1...egcs 1.1.2)

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> In case you haven't noticed, I've setup an autobuilder for sparc and
> have compiled some 500+ packages over the past few days. We were
> initially at onl 53% sync with potato, we are not slightly over 89%.
> There are a few more gnome packages I need to get out. I am going to
> post failed builds here for you people to take a look at if you desire.
> Send the relevant patches to the package maintainer and buildd will
> pick it up on the next upload.

Which gnome packages?  I have been rebuilding the gnome 1.0 packages
in the staging area.

Also, I've compiled the prerelease of the update of XFree86 for slink
(3.3.2.3a-11pre12v1) with a patch added to fix the /dev/fb* problems,
it can be found at:

http://www.cse.msu.edu/debian slink xfree86
ftp://ftp.cse.msu.edu/pub/debian slink xfree86
http://www.debian.org/~dunham slink xfree86

I've also started work on XFree86 3.3.3.1 (I'm merging in the
UltraPenguin patches) - when I am finished, we will have accelerated
Creator support (used on some UltraSparc machines) and accelerated ZX
(aka Leo) support.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> >     Ben> Now onto glibc. There is a new upload of 2.1.1-1 in
> >     Ben> unstable. I am going to try and build this. I'll need the
> >     Ben> usual fool hearty sun4m volunteer when it's done :)

> Yes, you! :)

> Glibc 2.1.1-1 for sparc32 is now in:
> http://master.debian.org/~bmc/glibc/

> As usual, it works fine on my sun4[uc] systems. If you are on a sun4m,
> please download the old 2.0.105 deb's before trying to test this out
> just in case some recovery is needed.

> NOTE: This was compiled with egcs 1.1.2 as a test case, I'll be
> uploading egcs 1.1.2 with glibc 2.1.1 if everything works ok.

I'll try the libc packages too.  You were also working on an a sparc64
compiler, right?  What's the status on that.  If egcs 1.1.2 can
correctly compile the sparc64 kernel I'd rather use it than the
current egcs64 package (which gets internal errors on the 3com
driver).

Also, some people may have found this out already, the sparc64
platform does not run libc5 packages unless you use the ld.so from
UltraPenguin.  I will port the patches when I find some time.  This
problem is only relevent to people trying to build altgcc packages on
UltraSparc systems.  (We essentially need a different version of the
dynamic loader on sun4u machines.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu