Re: Problem getting uploads accepted due to NEW packages (so version bumps and acl restrictions)

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 05:40:54PM +0200, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> On 20-04-21 05:09, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > [..]
> > >  * upload all the SO bumping targetting experimental
> > >
> > > In order to do that, do you want me to change those packages so the
> > > debian/changelog targets
> > > experimental instead of unstable?  (should I bump the version suffix -1
> > > to -2 then or can I still reuse -1 as it got rejected? might cause some
> > > issue with the debian/ git tag in salsa though, deleting and forcing a
> > > new tag isn't very elegant)
> >
> > This is just my opionion: Don't increase the Debian version and change the
> > target. Re-creating a tag is not an issue. This tag hasn't been used anywhere
> > nor isn't there anything relying on it.
>
> Ok! Thanks, I now updated the rejected packages to target experimental and I
> removed the "debian/*" git tag (we can retag again after upload).

I'll have a look soon at these packages.

> I see the use, but I'd rather keep things as they are and not introduce
> any new complexities that may cause things to go wrong :) Ideally
> everything should be ready for upload now I think.

Also myself, I keep using only one branch.  If it becomes necessary to
do an unstable upload, branching off later is always possible.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :