Re: Problem getting uploads accepted due to NEW packages (so version bumps and acl restrictions)

Am Dienstag, den 21.04.2020, 13:31 +0200 schrieb Maarten van Gompel:

> I've been updating various packages that are all part of our software
> stack, but I'm having some trouble getting the final upload accepted.
>
> I'm getting some rejections because of NEW packages (ACL dm: NEW uploads
> are not allowed), the packages are only new because there was a library
> (so) version bump due to ABI breakage:

New packages have to pass through the NEW queue (even if the source package
already exists) and the NEW queue only accepts binary uploads. Someone with the
proper permissions has to re-upload the binary packages via the <arch>.changes
file. The packages will then pass through NEW. So make sure these packages are
lintian clean and are compliant to the policy (up-to-date and complete
copyright for example).

Also SO bumps may require a proper transition and binNMUs depending on how many
packages are affected.

Regards, Daniel