Re: Problem getting uploads accepted due to NEW packages (so version bumps and acl restrictions)

Hi Daniel et al,

Thanks for your response!

> New packages have to pass through the NEW queue (even if the source package
> already exists) and the NEW queue only accepts binary uploads. Someone with the
> proper permissions has to re-upload the binary packages via the <arch>.changes
> file. The packages will then pass through NEW. So make sure these packages are
> lintian clean and are compliant to the policy (up-to-date and complete
> copyright for example).

Ok, I have the <arch>.changes indeed. They're all up to date and
more or less clean-ish (some lintian pedantic warnings I'm aware of). But
as a DM I lack the permission to upload them to the new queue, so I'd
be grateful if someone with the necessary permission can help here.

I gathered all the end-results (*.changes etc) in a big tarball (just for convenience):
    https://download.anaproy.nl/debian-packaging.tar

It concerns the following packages:
    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/libticcutils
    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/libfolia
    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ucto
    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/mbtserver
    https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/frog

> Also SO bumps may require a proper transition and binNMUs depending on how many
> packages are affected.

There are no third-party packages depending on our packages, the
only affected dependencies are our own, hence me uploading them all at once; so I
think, like last time about a year ago, a transition can be skipped here.

Kind regards,

--

Maarten van Gompel

proycon@anaproy.nl
https://proycon.anaproy.nl
https://github.com/proycon

GnuPG key:  0x39FE11201A31555C
XMPP:       proycon@anaproy.nl       Matrix: @proycon:matrix.org
Telegram:   proycon                  IRC: proycon (freenode)
Discord:    proycon#8272
Mastodon:   https://mastodon.social/@proycon   (@proycon@mastodon.social)
Twitter:    https://twitter.com/proycon
Keybase:    https://keybase.io/proycon
Bitcoin:    1BRptZsKQtqRGSZ5qKbX2azbfiygHxJPsd