Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Manuel Prinz <debian@pinguinkiste.de> writes:

> Am Montag, den 27.10.2008, 22:13 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> > I have been thinking a bit further about the bibtex references, and wonder
> > about two questions:
> >
> >  - What kind of unique identifier will we give to them?
>
> I used the scheme "First Author, Year, Colon, Software" for quite some
> time now. Example: "Baker2001:apbs" for APBS [0]. Until now, I did not
> have any problems with that.

If you were to put the software first - eg "apbs:Baker2001", tab
completion of the reference would be easier as I'm more likely to
remember the name of the software than the name of the author.

I used to use the scheme used by bids.to.bibtex - which was "First
Author's surname, first letter of the surname of other authors,
year". This gives a bigger namespace, but is probably not necessary
for software.

Chris