Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Manuel Prinz wrote:

Sure. So, to summarize, we have the following options:

    1. The references are added to the long description
    2. The references are added to Packages via a new X-* field
    3. The references are added to debian/copyright
    4. The references are supplied in a file under ./debian and
       installed in a common location (via debhelper or other methods)
            1. in an already widely-used bibliographic format
            2. in a RFC822 format that is converted to other formats on
               installation

To me, only 4) is an option, and I prefer to go the 4.1 route.

Thanks for sumarizing these options.  My opinion about these options
is not that strong.  I admit I can understand your motivation for your
preference.  I do not really want to use this as an argument but I
would just want to note that your prefered choice is the option that
makes the implementation on the tasks page the hardest amongst all
the options.  I do not see this as an unresolvable problem but it delays
the implementation the most.