tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Hi,

One thing I'd like to have added to the nice package overviews at
http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/chemistry.html etc. is a
canonical reference which should be given in scientific papers using
that package.

On the one hand, this is mandated by some (non-free) packages already,
on the other hand, it is good scientific practise and would be nice to
have better exposed and centrally available.

E.g, for mpqc, this would be (see http://www.mpqc.org/pub.php)

"The Massively Parallel Quantum Chemistry Program (MPQC), Version
2.3.1, Curtis L. Janssen, Ida B. Nielsen, Matt L. Leininger, Edward F.
Valeev, Joseph P. Kenny, Edward T. Seidl, Sandia National Laboratories,
Livermore, CA, USA, 2008"

I don't think this belongs into the package description, but maybe as a
X-* field in debian/control post-lenny.  For lenny, we could add a
field/comment in some svn repository (not sure from what sources those
nice overviews are generated).

Also, having this would sense a clear signal to upstream authors that we
consider proper citing important and that enforcing citations in
copyright licensing is not the best thing to do.

A second thing would be to optionally add the DOI (or maybe the full
reference, not sure) of one or a couple (not too many, obviously) papers
describing the package, if there is any.  Sometimes, this might be the
same reference as the canonical citing reference, but usually not.  The
DOIs could then be written as http://dx.doi.org/<DOI> links for easy
access (though I'm not sure what to write as link text, maybe the
reference text as would be given in a paper)

Again, for MPQC, this would be

DOI:10.1088/1742-6596/46/1/031, DOI:10.1002/jcc.20815

What do you think?

Michael