Re: tasks overview wishlist: Canonical citing reference

Le Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:24:10AM +0200, Teemu Ikonen a écrit :

> How about adding an extra field to the machine readable copyright file
> format? The mr-copyright file is RFC822 and thus easy to parse, and is
> already in every Debian package. Package users could find the citation
> from the same place as other author, copyright and licensing info. As
> could the program generating task pages and other package listings.

Hi all,

I have no strong opinion where to put the bibliographic information, and
propose to discuss the different possibilities on debian-devel once we
have brainstormed enough.

For the format, although I won't stop volunteers to write conversion
scripts, I would like to stress out that for biology the easiest is
probably do download the pubmed.org record and convert it using the
bibutils package in Debian, and that if we do not use a well recognised
format, the first thing users will do is probably to reconvert what we
provide to either PubMed, BibTeX or Endnote formats...

When we will have enough references, having a debhelper script will
definitely be a nice enhancement. I also see it as a long term goal, as
it will take one release cycle to have it in Stable. Using it before can
complicate user backports.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy