Re: Packaging cucumber, osmlib-base, sys-proctable and georuby

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 05:36:50PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 01:03 +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> > There is a last detail about the name and description of the
> > prevent-modification-of-dollar patch. Actually what you don't want to
> > modify is not "dollar" but $:, which is a synonym for $LOAD_PATH.
> > So you could replace dollar by loadpath in the name and description of
> > the patch.

> Done.

> The upstream developer has now merged 2 of the 3 patches submitted, with
> the exception of the encoding one [1].

Great!

> I have now managed to setup cowbuilder and attempt to reproduce the
> failing you mention here [2], I have tried building the package (from
> the git repo, reset to before I apply the relevant patch), in testing
> and sid for amd64 and i386, but I have not seen anything in the output
> that looks to me like a failing test. What cowbuilder setup did you
> use to produce the test failure?

That is because the tests are not run: when building with
git-buildpackage, I have the following message:

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb
No examples matching ./spec/*_spec.rb could be found
/usr/bin/ruby1.9.1 -I/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb
No examples matching ./spec/*_spec.rb could be found

In debian/ruby-tests.rake, the regular expression for the tests does not
match any file. Changing it to './spec/**/*_spec.rb' make the tests run,
but fail (two of them) with Ruby1.9 without the encoding fixing patch.
With the three patches, they all pass.