Re: Packaging cucumber, osmlib-base, sys-proctable and georuby

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 22:45 +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> * you didn't push the upstream branch, nor the pristine-tar branch to
>   your github repo.

I have now pushed the upstream branch, but I don't have a pristine-tar
branch locally.

> * debian/copyright: no need to put the text of Expat license twice:
>   leave License: Expat line in each Files: paragraph. Create a
>   standalone License: Expat paragraph with the text of the license.
> * debian/control: the capitalization of dBase is inconsistence.
>   ruby-fastercsv seems not unavoidable. I would put it in the
>   Recommends: field. However, it is needed for the tests, so add it to
>   build-depends. If you consider having these packages in the team
>   repo, you will need to uncomment the VCS-* fields, and update them to
>   more canonical url (replace git.debian.org by anonscm.debian.org for
>   the first one, and by anonscm.debian.org/gitweb for the second)
> * debian/ruby-dbf.docs: remove the first line and uncomment the second

All done.

> * debian/dbf.1: remove the line: this manual page.... Instead, it would
>   be nice to have some text describing what this tool/the library does.

I have removed the line, and added some examples to hopefully clear
things up.

> * bin/dbf: I am afraid the name is too generic. Should a suffix rb be
>   added? The file bin/dbf make use of rubygems: you should patch it to
>   remove this line.

Done, but, I noticed dh_ruby breaks this when it rewrites the shebang
line without including the -s flag?

> * debian/ruby-tests.rake: the regexp to find the test does not match the
>   tests shipped with the package. Replace './spec/*_spec.rb' by
>   './spec/dbf/*_spec.rb'
> * Two test fails with cowbuilder, due to encoding issue. This can be
>   fixed by patching spec/dbf/record_spec.rb to add
>
>   	Encoding.default_external='UTF-8' if defined? Encoding
>
>   or something similar at the beginning of the file.
> * I would also patch out the first line of spec/spec_helper.rb to avoid
>   the modification of $:

All done.