Re: Packaging cucumber, osmlib-base, sys-proctable and georuby

On Sat, 2013-03-02 at 23:34 +0100, Cédric Boutillier wrote:
> > > The commented line in debian/control (about nokogiri, etc.) is obtained
> > > from the gem metadata and should guide you to fill the Depends: and
> > > Build-Depends: field. From a quick glance, it will need as Depends:
> > > ruby-nokogiri, ruby-dbf (not packaged), ruby-json.
>
> ruby-rspec and rake should appear on the Build-Depends line, not the
> Depends line, as they are used just during tests. You must however add
> also on this line ruby-json, ruby-nokogiri and ruby-dbf since during the
> tests, ruby-georuby will be used, and so will be its dependencies.
> There are more issues with the debian/control file:
> - DM-Upload-Allowed: line should disappear
> - Standards-Version: should be 3.9.4
> - Description could be improved: capitalize Ruby, decypher OGC, maybe
>   add some words about these specifications.
>
> Also I can see you didn't replace the ruby-tests.rb by ruby-tests.rake
> as I suggested.

I think I did locally, but I did not push the relevant commit to github.
Sorry. I have now also pushed some more commits dealing with the above
issues.

> > I think I have sorted the dependencies, but am having more trouble
> > packaging dbf. When I build the package, I get:
> > /usr/bin/ruby1.8 -I/usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby
> > /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/gem2deb/test_runner.rb
> > ./spec/dbf/column_spec.rb:1:in `require': no such file to load --
> > spec_helper (LoadError)
> >     from ./spec/dbf/column_spec.rb:1
> >     from -e:1:in `require'
> >     from -e:1
> >     from -e:1:in `each'
> >     from -e:1
> > ERROR: Test "ruby1.8" failed. Exiting.
> > dh_auto_install: dh_ruby --install
> > /home/chris/Projects/Packaging/OSM/OSRM/gems/ruby-dbf-2.0.3/debian/ruby-dbf
> > returned exit code 1
>
> > Now, there is a spec_helper.rb file, but its here ./spec/spec_helper.rb
> > , and running "rspec spec" works...?
>
> The error disappears when the file spec/spec_helper.rb is added to the
> list in debian/ruby-test-files.yaml. However, the tests won't run with
> this method. To run tests with rspec (which is the case with dbf), you
> should use the same technique as for ruby-georuby:
> - remove the debian/ruby-test-files.yaml file and add a
>   debian/ruby-tests.rake file, with a similar content as for
>   ruby-georuby
> - add rake and ruby-rspec as build-dependencies.
> I think it should do it.

Yep, that worked. I have now also put the dbf package on github [1] and
submitted an ITP.

1: https://github.com/cbaines/ruby-dbf