Re: transition to new policy of other packages / transitional packages

Cédric Boutillier escreveu isso aí:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 07:46:01AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > ]] Cédric Boutillier
>
> > > However, in case the transition is not completely
> > > finished for the freeze, could you suggest ways in which
> > > the team can act?
>
> > Ask for it to be a release goal immediately (if it isn't) and also
> > NMU-worthy?  I guess it might still be the latter, since those packages
> > violate a MUST in the ruby policy, but it might be better to ask nicely
> > than show up with a baseball bat. :-)
>
> Thanks Tollef for the input.
>
> I have expanded a little bit the last paragraph:
>
>   However, in case the transition is not completely finished for the
>   freeze, could you suggest ways in which the team can act? Is it
>   conceivable to add the end of the Ruby transition as a release goal?
>   Would it be OK to consider Ruby packages that have not transitioned as
>   NMU-able in order to make them comply
>   to the new policy?

The problem with making non-transitioned packages NMU-able is that the
transition is quite invasive for each package. I've added a ack for that
in the draft.

> The full version is (still) available at:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Drafts/StateOfTransitionNewPolicyReleaseTeam

I think we could start this discussion with the release team ASAP.
IMO, you could just post the current state of this draft.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>