Re: transition to new policy of other packages / transitional packages

Hi!

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 07:46:01AM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Cédric Boutillier

> > However, in case the transition is not completely
> > finished for the freeze, could you suggest ways in which
> > the team can act?

> Ask for it to be a release goal immediately (if it isn't) and also
> NMU-worthy?  I guess it might still be the latter, since those packages
> violate a MUST in the ruby policy, but it might be better to ask nicely
> than show up with a baseball bat. :-)

Thanks Tollef for the input.

I have expanded a little bit the last paragraph:

  However, in case the transition is not completely finished for the
  freeze, could you suggest ways in which the team can act? Is it
  conceivable to add the end of the Ruby transition as a release goal?
  Would it be OK to consider Ruby packages that have not transitioned as
  NMU-able in order to make them comply
  to the new policy?

The full version is (still) available at:
  http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Ruby/Drafts/StateOfTransitionNewPolicyReleaseTeam

Thanks!