Re: RFC: proposal for libpng (was: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0)

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:43:40AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> However this is not going to help with other upstream changes that
> haven't received any testing. I don't think using a release that has not
> been tested in Debian for at least several months is reasonable; I don't
> trust upstream developers, who have repeatedly broken various parts of
> their code. It will probably work, but this is a dangerous game to play.

I have reviewed the complete diff between 1.2.13 and 1.2.15beta5, and don't
see anything that concerns me.  1.2.13 itself has been in Debian for a month
now, which is enough time for someone to have noticed any major breakage.  I
might have liked more testing time for this lib, but I don't think that's a
blocker in this case.