Re: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0

* Julien Cristau (julien.cristau@ens-lyon.org) [061216 21:45]:
> I've prepared a package based on 1.2.8rel-7, with a patch for
> CVE-2006-5793. No other security issues seem to be mentioned in the sid
> package's changelog, but let me know if I've missed something.
> Source package at
> http://liafa.jussieu.fr/~jcristau/debian/libpng/libpng_1.2.8rel-7.1.dsc
> and debdiff from 1.2.8rel-7 at
> http://liafa.jussieu.fr/~jcristau/debian/libpng/libpng_1.2.8rel-7.1.debdiff

I have a package prepared at http://alius.turmzimmer.net/~aba/.png/
which fixes even another security issue - we also test-compile currently
with these packages and look with packages start FTBFS with this.

I'll update this as soon as we have more information (and I would also
like to check the symbol lists before an upload - I'm working on this
right now).

Cheers,
Andi
--