RFC: proposal for libpng (was: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0)

Hi,

I write down what I think we should do, and how this handles our issues.
This is explicitly a request for comments, and I want to wait at least
until either Steve and Joss have both agreed to it, or 24 hours has
passed, whatever is earlier.

So, what needs to be done:

1. Adding back png_read_destroy and png_write_destroy which were
accidentially removed between 1.2.13-4 and 1.2.15~beta5-0.

2. Conflict with the following packages (from sarge):
libtk-img (<= 1.3-13)
mzscheme (<= 209-5)
pngcrush (<= 1.5.10-2)
pngmeta (<= 1.11-3)
qemacs (<= 0.3.1-5)
povray-3.5 (<= 3.5.0c-10)

3. Reducing the shlibbump to 1.2.13-4.

4. No other changes!

This doesn't resolve that in testing and unstable these programs still
show links to symbols that were removed directly after sarge - but I
*think* we are safe, as I would have expected some bug reports some time
ago already (though it still doesn't make me happy). These programs are
amsn, drscheme and libtk-img.

I also could have done an silly mistake by using
objdump -R $file for checking which symbols a DSO requires. In this
case, please tell me what I should do instead.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/