Re: RFC: proposal for libpng (was: please unblock libpng 1.2.15~beta5-0)

Le mardi 19 décembre 2006 à 11:32 +0100, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> 1. Adding back png_read_destroy and png_write_destroy which were
> accidentially removed between 1.2.13-4 and 1.2.15~beta5-0.
>
> 2. Conflict with the following packages (from sarge):
> libtk-img (<= 1.3-13)
> mzscheme (<= 209-5)
> pngcrush (<= 1.5.10-2)
> pngmeta (<= 1.11-3)
> qemacs (<= 0.3.1-5)
> povray-3.5 (<= 3.5.0c-10)
>
> 3. Reducing the shlibbump to 1.2.13-4.
>
> 4. No other changes!

This sounds like a reasonable plan to solve the symbol changes and get
at least everything to link correctly.

However this is not going to help with other upstream changes that
haven't received any testing. I don't think using a release that has not
been tested in Debian for at least several months is reasonable; I don't
trust upstream developers, who have repeatedly broken various parts of
their code. It will probably work, but this is a dangerous game to play.

--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"