Re: The certificate of 'ftp-master.debian.org' is not trusted.

On 09/07/15 at 14:35 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 02:14:02PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >
> > Basically, it was working fine until the middle of May.  Then DSA
> > reorganized the UBC ECE blade center, and as a result, the performance
> > of the storage used by UDD decreased dramatically.
> >
> > Currently, it's kind-of working, because postgresql is running with all
> > safeguards disabled. If the machine crashes, the DB will likely be
> > corrupted as a result.
> >
> > I've tried to investigate it myself, and tried to talk numerous times to
> > DSA about it, with no progress so far. So I don't know what can be
> > sorted out at DebConf.
>
> I admit that I fail to believe that it should not be possible to sort
> out the thing with DSA to enable a part of our core infrastructure (and
> that's what I consider UDD) work properly.  Sitting together with DSA
> and demonstrating things should not help?  Asking DPL to moderate may
> be?  What point did DSA raise why reverting the change from May should
> not be possible?

DSA is well aware of the problem. The root issue seems to be that they
are lacking hardware to host UDD on its own storage (which was the
agreement when Zack authorized the funding for the current UDD hardware
in 2011-ish), so the storage is shared with munin.d.o, which has a
write-heavy/sync-heavy workload.

At this point, I would no longer find it fair to put pressure on DSA, as
I'm no longer sure that I'll find the motivation to work again on UDD
even if that is fixed.

> PS: I'll checkout the blends-all importer immediately.  Please in future
>     let me know right in time if you notice that something fails.  I'm
>     observing the results of the UDD imports on Blends sentinel quite
>     frequently but may be I'm missing something.  The UDD cron mails
>     are not that helpful if I feel flooded by lots of things I can not
>     help about.  So I might have missed things, sorry.

You are flooded because things are failing. If you ignore those mails,
you don't know it's failing, and it doesn't get fixed. It's a vicious
circle.

Lucas