Re: Orphaned packages with very low popcon numbers

Hi Luk!

You wrote:

> This is only the starting list, there were other criteria [1] mentioned
> already a couple of times before a package would be filed for removal! I
> don't get why that has to repeated every time again?
>
> [1]:
> (a) aren't ITAed, and
> (b) have been orphaned for more than, say, three months
> (c) don't have some special reason why popcon would be unrepresentative
> (d) don't have any other special reasons to stay in Debian

Yes I know that, ans as I said before, I think that these criteria are
not strict enough.  IMO, only _obsolete_ [1] packages should be removed from
Debian, not jsut any package that happens to be orphaned but is
otherwise working perfectly fine.  That would just be annoying our users
for the heck of it.

[1] i.e., packages that nobody (==0 users in popcon, not 20) uses,
    packages that can be easily replaced with some other package,
	or packages that are buggy or otherwise unusable.  If that is
	exactly what you mean by your point (d) above, fine with me, but
	please put it explicitly in your list then.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |