Re: Inconsistent spelling of QT and GNOME

[ How often do I need to tell you that I don't need a Cc? I'm currently
subscribed to thist list and read the answer here.]

On 05/11/01, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Christian Kurz writes:
>  > On 04/11/01, Mark Brown wrote:
>  > > On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 09:39:25PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:
>  > > > On 04/11/01, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>  > > > > Indeed. Historically, debian-qa have been the people who deal with
>  > > > > orphaned packages - there are moves to make the BTS-generated traffic

>  > > > Well, but not only time is changing and I think it's time that debian-qa
>  > > > changes a bit moving away from the maintaince of orphaned packages to
>  > > > take care of QA issues.

>  > > It seems that part of the problem with this has been that most of what
>  > > would be done by -qa has actually happened on -devel or the ports lists
>  > > - there is not that much that is specifically the buisness of -qa.

>  > Then do as I suggested in an other email and remove this list after
>  > debian-qa-packages has been created. According to your description this
>  > list will then be useless and have no further relevant traffic, so that
>  > everything can be moved to -devel.

> This list has a certain amount of traffic from maintainers who want
> help with packages, or people wanting packages NMU'd.

Since you sayed "that most of what would be done by -qa has actually
happened on -devel or the ports lists", I'm pretty sure this traffic can
be moved according to your statement also to -devel or other lists.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)