Re: Inconsistent spelling of QT and GNOME

On 01-11-04 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Nov 2001, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > 15 packages are using QT, while 33 packages use Qt. And 93 packages are
> > using Gnome, while 127 are using GNOME. This should be changed, since
> > it's called QT and GNOME and not Qt or Gnome. Since this issue effects

> So far, so good.

> > the quality of Debian, I'm reporting it to this list, so that people can
> > take care of it.

> Shorty, please get some sleep before sending email to -qa.  File the

I had enough sleep and I'm quite aware about the e-Mails that I send and
will send today.

> wishlist bugs yourself, and those who end up here because the package is
> taken care of by qa will be dealt with.

Wrong, I'm not of any authority to make decision about inconsistent or
consistent spelling of words in package descriptions. I can only write a
report like this and suggest therefor a change for something. Also this
is not something that can easily solved by wishlist bugs, but would need
before some discussiong and an organized effort. Therefor I'm
suggestion that this issue will be solved by Debian QA and that's not
only myself, but a lot more people.

Christian

P.S.: If you are trying to get me out of debian and show how elitist
everyone in here is, then you are doing good work. I'm really wondering
about the changes of attitude that are also now happening on this list.
--
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
        [There is no great genius without some touch of madness.]