Re: Inconsistent spelling of QT and GNOME

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001, Christian Kurz wrote:
> I had enough sleep and I'm quite aware about the e-Mails that I send and
> will send today.

See my reply to myself... too bad it did not reach you before you had send
yours.

> Wrong, I'm not of any authority to make decision about inconsistent or
> consistent spelling of words in package descriptions. I can only write a

Only the maintainers themselves and the Technical Comitee are. QA isn't,
either, other than for the packages it "owns"...  we can just be yet another
voice in the waters.

Which matters little, anyway. I have this hunch a lot of maintainers will
simply apply the requested change no matter who asked them to, and many
others will simply ignore or get annoyed at 'such an stupid bug report' (or
whatever they will call a simple name-casing change). No matter what came
out of a discussion in -qa or -devel about the issue. For the record, I'd
apply the requested change...

> is not something that can easily solved by wishlist bugs, but would need
> before some discussiong and an organized effort. Therefor I'm
> suggestion that this issue will be solved by Debian QA and that's not
> only myself, but a lot more people.

Yes, I see. I still think this is -devel matter, and not -qa, but forget my
other email please.

> P.S.: If you are trying to get me out of debian and show how elitist
> everyone in here is, then you are doing good work. I'm really wondering
> about the changes of attitude that are also now happening on this list.

Hmm... maybe I am on the wrong side today (the elitist guys), but please
don't take things that strongly...

  Henrique Holschuh