Re: BugSquash Party this sunday || xinetd adoption

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 05:12:04PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> I'm pondering of adopting xinetd, because I find the program very useful,
> and the package not finished. However, its maintainer hasn't contacted us
> for months now, and he has takedn part in some other dubious activities
> (contact me privately for details, this isn't a private list), and I had to
> (IMHO) mark it orphaned. If I adopt it now (no one else expressed any
> interest in adopting it), it might look like I did all that for dishonest
> reasons... which wouldn't be true, of course... but I'm having second
> thoughts on how people might react.

I'm in the same boat with opie. I'd like to release a package that would
allow the use of one time passwords with our pam'd apps, but someone
already has a package based on the opie source. (And that person has
apparantly disappeared.) Some guidelines for this type of situation
would be nice.

--
Mike Stone