Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

On Thu, 09 Aug 2018 at 10:16:31 +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Now, if all goes well, and if the above cases are fixed, them I'm fine
> using "gbp pq", but it's not any better than fixing by hand using quilt.

One advantage of both quilt and gbp-pq over git-dpm (and probably
git-debrebase) is that they interoperate: quilt and gbp-pq both work
well in a "patches-unapplied" git repository. If one team member (for
instance me) prefers to use gbp-pq, and another team member (for instance
Thomas) prefers to use plain quilt, then we can share one git repository
without significant problems: the worst that normally happens is a bit
of unnecessary diffstat for the lines matching /^(git )?diff/, /^Index:/,
etc. if one of us re-exports the whole patch series.

I personally think gbp-pq is a better tool than quilt because it lets us
use 'git rebase' on the patch series, but part of the point of choosing
the gbp-pq-compatible repository layout is that it isn't either/or:
we can use both.

    smcv