Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

Hi,

> > 2/ Ondrej Novy will do a mass-change from git-dpm to gbp on team packages.
> > Related to this, Piotr will review and amend the team policy if necessary,
> > as
> > well as work on the pipeline to make sure the policy gets published from
> > salsa.

Good initiative! The last upload of git-dpm was in 2014.

But have anyone here tried the new tool git-debrebase (by Ian)?  Should it be
evaluated before doing a mass change for Python packages? It integrates even
better with dgit (of course..)

I am trying it out these days. I have had a few problems when setting it up for
the first time for some packages, but when it first has been setup, it works
very well indeed (so far)! I have reported one bug for initial setup and it
sounds like they want to fix.

Conversion from gbp to git-debrebase can be done with one built-in
git-debrebase command, so maybe not bad in any case to go ahead with the
git-dpm -> gbp transition.

Best regards,
Ruben