Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

On Aug 08 2018, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> On 08/04/2018 09:05 AM, Ruben Undheim wrote:
>> Hi,

>> Good initiative! The last upload of git-dpm was in 2014.
>>
>> But have anyone here tried the new tool git-debrebase (by Ian)?  Should it be
>> evaluated before doing a mass change for Python packages? It integrates even
>> better with dgit (of course..)
>
> The problem with git-debrebase will be the same as with git-dpm. As soon
> as you try to upgrade / merge a new upstream release, you dive into a
> rebase/conflict nightmare.

That doesn't make sense to me. git-dpm maintains (and rebases) Debian
patches separately, so upgrading to a new upgrade release can
principally not be any harder than with gbp.

The problems with git-dpm are the implementation and lack of
maintenance, not the way the Debian changes are managed.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F