Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> Let's say a patch has been applied upstream. In such case, I just do a
> few "quilt push" to check, then I see one is already applied (by running
> "patch --dry-run -P1 <debian/patches/foo.patch"), then I just remove the
> patch from the series file, and I'm done. In case of using git with the
> rebase thing, then I get into useless trouble.

This case is easy. When rebase comes up with a conflict, you can tell it
to skip/drop that entire change.

This tends to be my default choice when I don't understand why something
conflicts during such a rebase.

> Another case is if upstream moved sources from one directory to another.
> In such case, I just edit the patch directly to fix the path. With a git
> rebase, you'd probably have to rewrite all the patch by hand. Here
> again, that's useless trouble.

Yes, that case is harder to deal with.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>