Re: git-dpm -> gbp conversion (mass-change)

Hi,

čt 9. 8. 2018 v 10:16 odesílatel Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> napsal:
Let's say a patch has been applied upstream. In such case, I just do a
few "quilt push" to check, then I see one is already applied (by running
"patch --dry-run -P1 <debian/patches/foo.patch"), then I just remove the
patch from the series file, and I'm done. In case of using git with the
rebase thing, then I get into useless trouble.

if patch is already applied upstream, git-dpm/git autoremove that patch. What "trouble"?

Another case is if upstream moved sources from one directory to another.
In such case, I just edit the patch directly to fix the path. With a git
rebase, you'd probably have to rewrite all the patch by hand. Here
again, that's useless trouble.

ugly (really).

Now, if all goes well, and if the above cases are fixed, them I'm fine
using "gbp pq", but it's not any better than fixing by hand using quilt.

it's much better :)

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy@ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B