Re: Pushing a bunch of packages to jessie-backports

[Vincent Cheng, 2015-11-26]
> > that's why I don't believe you built it in jessie. python-sphinx is not backported
> > and you didn't mention any patches
> >
> > solutions:
> > 1) backport python-sphinx, or
> > 2) use patch from Ubuntu: https://patches.ubuntu.com/r/routes/routes_2.2-1ubuntu1.patch
>
> Backports packages are allowed to build-dep on other backported
> packages of the same suite (i.e. you can build packages destined for

that's right, same as in any other suite. That's why I mentioned
backporting sphinx as one of solutions

> jessie-backports in a chroot with packages from both jessie and
> jessie-backports to satisfy build dependencies). Given that Thomas has
> already mentioned in the very beginning of this thread that he intends
> on backporting sphinx to jessie-backports as well (which satisfies the
> unmet build-dep above), I think it's safe to assume that he will be
> uploading packages to backports in the necessary order to satisfy
> build dependencies.

right, he listed sphinx among those he wants to backport (I missed that
fact). I checked jessie-backports and it didn't contain it (it still
doesn't). Building and uploading in the right order was always the plan,
right?

> FWIW, I see no *technical* reason to reject Thomas' backported
> packages. It looks to me that he's done everything he needs to do
> according to the backports rules, and that you're imposing additional
> requirements that (strictly speaking) he doesn't have to meet (i.e.
> providing debdiffs for every backports upload).

I still stand by this requirement - I'm the one who gets all the emails
and bug reports and I do not welcome NMUs that do not fix RC bugs.