Re: Pushing a bunch of packages to jessie-backports

Hi Piotr,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 7:02 AM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
>> I've uploaded all what I prepared to this URL:
>> http://sid.gplhost.com/bpo/
>
> THANK YOU!

[build log snipped]
> that's why I don't believe you built it in jessie. python-sphinx is not backported
> and you didn't mention any patches
>
> solutions:
> 1) backport python-sphinx, or
> 2) use patch from Ubuntu: https://patches.ubuntu.com/r/routes/routes_2.2-1ubuntu1.patch

Backports packages are allowed to build-dep on other backported
packages of the same suite (i.e. you can build packages destined for
jessie-backports in a chroot with packages from both jessie and
jessie-backports to satisfy build dependencies). Given that Thomas has
already mentioned in the very beginning of this thread that he intends
on backporting sphinx to jessie-backports as well (which satisfies the
unmet build-dep above), I think it's safe to assume that he will be
uploading packages to backports in the necessary order to satisfy
build dependencies.

FWIW, I see no *technical* reason to reject Thomas' backported
packages. It looks to me that he's done everything he needs to do
according to the backports rules, and that you're imposing additional
requirements that (strictly speaking) he doesn't have to meet (i.e.
providing debdiffs for every backports upload).

Regards,
Vincent