Re: Pushing a bunch of packages to jessie-backports

On 11/23/2015 09:32 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> [Thomas Goirand, 2015-11-23]
>> FYI, I intend to push the below packages to jessie-backports, as part of
>> the upload of OpenStack Liberty:
>>
>> alabaster contextlib2 kazoo python-cachetools python-cffi python-cliff
>> python-crank python-ddt python-docker python-eventlet python-git
>> python-gitdb python-hypothesis python-ldap3 python-mock python-mysqldb
>> python-pathlib python-repoze.who python-setuptools python-smmap
>> python-unicodecsv python-urllib3 requests routes ryu sphinx sqlalchemy
>> turbogears2 unittest2 zzzeeksphinx
>
> please follow the right procedure at least with packages I maintain.

Would you mind explicitly tell what you call "the right procedure"? As
much as I know, it's not mandatory to do anything but uploading to
backports. I've wrote this message is just out of courtesy.

> (I want too see debdiff and have enough time to check it

None of the packages listed include any difference from Sid, they are
just rebuilt with my key without change.

> that includes
> sending it to the right email, f.e. foo@packages.debian.org).

As I wrote, that's too much work to write individual mails, and here,
you know already, so what do you need to know more?

> About sqlalchemy - Sandro is already working on it AFAICT, so you can
> skip this one.

Ok. Let's hope he's finished soon then. What's the blocker, ATM? FYI, I
will not treat this as a blocker for my upload, so if he's not done
before me, I'll upload SQLAlchemy to jessie-backports anyway. Then of
course, you can re-upload corrections if you see fit. Let's hope you'll
take this the correct way (ie: I do not intend any offense by uploading
first, it's just that I don't think waiting is necessary), and don't
make such a deal.

>> As I already bloged about it, and that I am also sending a mail here, I
>> will *not* send individual emails to maintainers: it would take too long
>
> so my packages are out of limits for you

Could you care to explain what you mean here?

I deny the fact that these are *your* packages btw, and like it or not,
they will appear in backports, as I need them. There's nothing which can
prevent me from doing so, unless you want to backport them yourself
first of course (which would be more than welcome).

> I don't

I'm not surprised by the type of reaction I'm seeing from you again.
Maybe you could consider switching to a more positive attitude, like I
just saw from Daniele Tricoli? He's fine with me uploading first, then
he may take over later if he needs. Why not?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)