Re: Using pristine-tar (was: Keeping upstream commits separate from Debian packaging commits)

On Oct 12, 2014, at 01:27 PM, Tristan Seligmann wrote:

>That's interesting, I didn't know about that. I'm not really sure I
>understand how dgit replaces pristine-tar, unless you assume that
>every tarball you want to store is in the archive. (Perhaps that's a
>reasonable assumption?) And since we are not planning to use dgit in
>DPMT (as I understand it), I'm not sure what the obvious way for us to
>replace pristine-tar is.

In practice, I haven't seen any problems with pristine-tar.  And given that
archive uploads still currently require a tarball, and PyPI releases are
overwhelmingly tarball-based, I think it still makes sense for DPMT to
continue to use pristine-tar workflows by default.

Cheers,
-Barry