Re: Using pristine-tar (was: Keeping upstream commits separate from Debian packaging commits)

On 12 October 2014 12:36, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> Isn't pristine-tar deprecated by its author? I read
> https://bugs.debian.org/737871 and

That's interesting, I didn't know about that. I'm not really sure I
understand how dgit replaces pristine-tar, unless you assume that
every tarball you want to store is in the archive. (Perhaps that's a
reasonable assumption?) And since we are not planning to use dgit in
DPMT (as I understand it), I'm not sure what the obvious way for us to
replace pristine-tar is.

> http://www.preining.info/blog/2014/06/debian-pristine-tar-packaging/

This doesn't load for me at the moment (database error). Okay, found
it in Google's cache; unfortunately the post doesn't say much beyond
"I'm going to stop using pristine-tar".