Using pristine-tar (was: Keeping upstream commits separate from Debian packaging commits)

On 2014-10-12 14:49, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Let's say there's a few more other people which
> were not accounted for and that were not at Debconf, those who prefers
> having upstream source code in the VCS are still the majority.

And some weren't at Debconf and prefer to work with upstream
sources.

> Also, during the Debconf discussion, we decided we would use the
> pristine-tar workflow, *not* using upstream VCS merge.

Isn't pristine-tar deprecated by its author? I read
https://bugs.debian.org/737871 and
http://www.preining.info/blog/2014/06/debian-pristine-tar-packaging/
and was therefore reluctant to use it. Anyway, I don't remember
to encounter any problems with pristine-tar myself.

> Anyone who doesn't respect what we are collectively agree on
> should IMO take the blame for what happened on IRC and on the commit
> list, and pointing fingers at whoever configured it is IMO wrong.

Blaming and pointing fingers is almost always wrong :~)