Re: Fortunes-off - do we need this as a package for Bookworm?

"Roberto A. Foglietta" <roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote on 20/11/2022 at 22:14:35+0100:

> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 at 21:42, G. Branden Robinson
> <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for, perhaps inadvertently, compelling me to review some of
>> the content of the package.  I can now say that I am certain there is
>> material of worth in the fortunes-off package and support its retention
>> in the Debian distribution.  A review process for individual entries
>> that are incompatible with the project's values is manifest in the BTS.
>>

> rational approach vs cancel culture: 1 vs 0
> <3

Cancel culture would be shaming those having done the content/package,
trying to hide it so that no one could see it (it's on GitHub and no one
here plans on having it removed from there) and burn on a bench anyone
asking for it to be back.

The mere thing I did is to state that it's garbage to me and it should
be thrown out from the archive because we have better stuff to do with
our free time.

Your answer: "cancel culture".

I guess it's supposed to be a "rational approach"? This is rich.

Regards,
--
PEB