Re: Fortunes-off - do we need this as a package for Bookworm?

> The specific query was about Nazi quotes from someone in Europe - I don't
> believe our database currently contains these, as they were purged from the
> BSD package from which ours is derived but I would be prepared to be very
> wrong here.
>
> The point was made that if the database did contain Nazi quotes / a swastika
> it might make it illegal to host the content on mirrors in at least Germany
> or Austria.

❯ apt source fortunes-off
Leser pakkelister ... Ferdig
git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/fortune-mod.git
Brug venligst:
git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/fortune-mod.git
for at hente de seneste (muligvis ikke udgivet) opdateringer til pakken.
Trenger å skaffe 2 124 kB fra kildekodearkivet.
Hent:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian sid/main fortune-mod 1:1.99.1-7.1 (dsc) [2 071 B]
Hent:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian sid/main fortune-mod 1:1.99.1-7.1 (tar) [1 812 kB]
Hent:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian sid/main fortune-mod 1:1.99.1-7.1 (diff) [309 kB]
Hentet 2 124 kB på 0s (4 918 kB/s)
dpkg-source: info: extraherar fortune-mod i fortune-mod-1.99.1
dpkg-source: info: packar upp fortune-mod_1.99.1.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: packar upp fortune-mod_1.99.1-7.1.debian.tar.bz2
dpkg-source: info: använder patchlista från debian/patches/series
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar datfiles.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar readme.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar todo.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar man.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar fortune.c.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar fortune-clean.py.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar shortcut_cookie_lists_build_system.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar typo_in_manpage.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar respect_buildflags.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar gcc_warnings.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar fortunes.steve_jobs.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar quotes_not_properly_divided.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar dennis-ritchie.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar search_LOCFORTDIR_even_if_LANG_not_set.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar remove_backspaces.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar rochefoucauld.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar irish_ballad.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar corbet.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar typo.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar manpage_bugs.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar songs-poems.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar mark_twain.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar autocad.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar lawyers.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar politics.diff
dpkg-source: info: tillämpar off-wrong-man.diff
❯ grep -ri "Mein Kampf" fortune-mod-1.99.1/datfiles | wc -l
52

The question is not whether hosting is illegal (I don't think it is).

The question is whether we promote Nazi ideology or not. And the
answer is clearly "No", and that is a fact, not sumething that is up
for discussion.

-nik